Specialty Group Showcase Series
Join us for a chance to learn about nursing specialty areas and the great job opportunities within them. Hear from some of our Manitoba nursing specialty groups about how you can get involved with them and advance your career.
Manitoba Operating Room Nurses Association
Canadian Council of Cardiovascular Nurses
Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses
Manitoba Renal Program
You'll hear from the different specialty groups answer the questions listed below:
1. Is specialty training required before starting a job or do you get a job and then work on the education?
2. How much does it cost?
3. Do you get paid while you learn?
4. What is the payback?
1. What kind of scope is there within the specialty?
2. Where can people work?
3. What are things like in terms of advancement and mobility within the specialty?
4. What kinds of things can people do with this training that other nurses can't?
Highlights of the area
1. What drew you to your specialty area?
2. What kind of education is available through your specialty group?
3. What would you consider to be the highlights or strengths of this area?
Keep scrolling for volunteer opportunities.
Job Search Sites
Indeed Jobs: http://indeedhi.re/2rb9EVu
Manitoba Healthcare Providers Network: http://www.healthcareersmanitoba.ca/
Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority: http://bit.ly/2wuoiaJ
Northern Health Region: http://bit.ly/2vQeVFB
Prairie Mountain Health: http://bit.ly/2uqGksY
Southern Health Santé Sud: http://bit.ly/2hKFGVx
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority: http://bit.ly/2kyq9EL
Brandon University: http://bit.ly/2YNBBkv
Red River College: http://bit.ly/2Jvob7z
University College of the North: http://bit.ly/2JFepyi
Université de Sainte Boniface: http://bit.ly/2LgqxZY
University of Manitoba: http://bit.ly/2Lfz6UT