We're Hiring a Communications Coordinator
The Communications Coordinator contributes to communications activities and initiatives to support organization goals.
This is a full-time, ten-month term position (covering a maternity leave) beginning in May 2018.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the scope of this position includes the following:
- Plans, creates, drafts, edits, proofreads, coordinates and designs a variety of communications materials including articles, website content, surveys, PowerPoint presentations, promotional materials, speeches, fact sheets, briefing notes and reports
- Manages and monitors the Association’s social media accounts
- Triages any necessary media relations inquiries
- Contributes to planning, writes articles for, proofreads and coordinates the production of monthly electronic newsletters
- Coordinates the updating and maintenance of the Association website
- Coordinates and executes special events
- Is responsible for the Professional Nursing Awards
- Coordinates and executes board elections
- Provides support during membership renewal including back-up phone coverage, processing member applications and responding to member inquiries
- Manage the member database and troubleshoot any issues
- Other duties as assigned
- A diploma or degree in communications or other related education and/or experience
- Knowledge of best practices in communications for a variety of audiences
- Experience planning, writing, editing, creating and formatting a wide variety of print and digital communication materials
- Project management experience
- Experience working on websites and knowledge of content management systems
- Excellent organization skills, self-directed with the ability to manage a number of tasks concurrently and with attention to detail
- Excellent people skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Advanced Microsoft office skills and knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume on or before Friday, March 30, 2018 to:
Mary Smith, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all who apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.