Participate in a research study on registered nurses’ attitudes and philosophical perspectives of medical assistantance in dying (MAID)
As a RN you are invited to participate in a research study – Registered Nurses’ Attitudes and Philosophical Perspectives of Medical Assistant in Dying (MAID). This study is funded by a Brandon University Research Grant.
This study will examine the attitudes and philosophical perspectives of RNs in Manitoba. The objectives for this study are to explore:
1. Philosophical beliefs regarding MAID
2. Nurses’ emotional and psychological preparedness to discuss MAID with patients and their families
3. Nurses’ emotional and psychological preparedness and willingness to be involved in the MAID process
4. Nurses’ understanding of the knowledge, care and skills required for the provision of MAID
5. Nurses’ opinions and beliefs of the legal implications (e.g. conscientious objection), and psychological risks (moral distress) associated with this approach to end-of-life-care
All registered nurses in good standing, currently practising in the province of Manitoba are considered eligible as potential participants. For full details please download the invitation below. If you are interested in participating please email firstname.lastname@example.org .