Canadian Nurses Protective Society (CNPS)
Professional Liability Protection and Legal Services
Professional liability protection through CNPS, which all registered nurses in Manitoba on the practising register are required by legislation to have, is included in Practising membership for GNs, RNs and NPs.
CNPS provides legal advice and risk management services, professional liability protection and legal assistance to eligible nurses practising in Canada. CNPS legal assistance includes assistance with the defence of criminal proceedings arising from the practice of nursing.
CNPS offers a wide range of services including:
- Information about professional obligations and liability issues
- Confidential access to legal advisors
- Legal counsel (when required)
- Pre-contractual review of professional service agreements
Assistance with legal proceedings including:
- Civil Litigation – up to $10 million per claim for professional negligence related to
care provided in Canada
- Criminal Investigations and Prosecutions – up to $1 million per occurrence
- Statutory Offences – up to $1 million per occurrence
- Witness Appearances – including legal assistance
Risk Management and Education
Access to education materials and resources.
Optional Supplementary Protection
Includes assistance with College complaints (regulatory matters).
Learn more about CNPS services
Call 1-844-4MY-CNPS (1-844-469-2677) to speak with a CNPS legal advisor.
Please ensure you provide your:
CRNM registration number
Or email email@example.com.
CNPS staff are available by phone and email, Monday to Friday from 8:40 am to 4:30 pm eastern time.
Any information you provide to CNPS will remain confidential.